During this micro course in Requirements Engineering you will learn about the key aspects of Requirements Management including Prioritization, Traceability and Change Controlwith the ability to apply what you have learned in a practical environment as a Requirements Engineer or Business Analyst.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
Any Business Professional that requires a practical understanding of Requirements Management andhow to perform and apply this in order to be an effective Requirements Engineer. The concepts in this course are applicable to any business environment and are essential foundation skills for allBusiness Analysts, Requirements Engineers, Software Developers, Project Managers, Testers or any Business Professionalwho has to understand business requirements in an organisation.
IREB Certified Professional in Requirements Engineering Foundation Level CPRE FL
If you are working towards getting your CPRE Foundation Level Certification then this course should be part of your preparation for the CPRE FL Exam.
This course covers the content for the Official Syllabus Chapter 8.1 - 8.7 Requirements Management.
BABOK v3.0 Relevance
- Chapter 3: Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring – Section 3.3 Plan Business Analysis Governance
- Chapter 5: Business Analysis Lifecycle Management – Section 5.1 Trace Requirements; Section 5.2 Maintain Requirements; Section 5.3 Prioritize Requirements; Section 5.4 Assess Requirements Changes
- Chapter 10 Techniques – Section 10.28 Metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The course consists ofmultiplevideo lessons with notes, acase study with a practical application quizto ensure you understood the content, course notes to download and a knowledge test. You have full access toan online tutorvia the Learning Management Systemshould you ever need any assistance.
- Introduction to Requirements Management
- Assigning Attributes to Requirements
- Views on Requirements
- Requirements Prioritization
- Requirements Prioritization Techniques
- Requirements Traceability
- Managing Requirements Change
- The Change Control Board Roles & Responsibilities
- The Change Request Template
- The Change Control Process
- Measurement of Requirements
HOW IT WORKS
Once you enrolled in this Micro Course you will be able to start training straight away.
Your tutor will be available to answer any questions during your training. The course works as follows:
- The course lessons are designed to take between 1 hour to complete.
- Each lesson has multiple choice quizzes for you to complete. These are designed to enhance your learning and knowledge gained after each lesson.
- Your course also contains lots of videos, student notes and case studies to read and learn from. Student notes and case studies are downloadable as PDF files.
- This course is aligned to a subset of the International Requirements Engineering Board's (IREB) Syllabus for CPRE Foundation Level certification throughout and is a great way to align your skills and experience in a practical way to the international industry standard.
Self paced & On demandOur online courses are all in the format of short online lessons which you can start and stop at any time. You set the pace for your own training and we follow it. You have 12 months from enrolment during which time you can finish your training.
Tutor Support & FeedbackYou have full online access to your assigned tutor for questions as you progress through each lesson. Your assigned tutor will answer any questions you might have and provide personalised responses.
Learning Management PortalAll of your course content and interaction with your tutor will be via our BAE Learning Management Portal. It is a user friendly and easy to use online platform that you can access from any where in the world and from any device.
SAMPLE VIDEO LESSON
This video is similar to what you will see when you enrol in this course.
DURATION OF COURSE
The course is designed to take no longer than 60 minutes to complete.