This is an IIBA® Endorsed Course - earn 22 PD Hours / CDUs
At the end of this course the student will have solid foundation knowledge of all Business Analysis concepts, knowledge areas and techniques described as part of the Business Analysis industry standard.
The student will be able to practically apply the business analysis concepts described through the practical application of case studies and examples. The student will cover the core content described in the BABOK® v3.0 Guide with the clear guidance of practical examples to bring each concept to life.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
Any Business Analyst, Project Manager or business professional who wants to learn and understand the breath of Business Analysis as it is described in the BABOK® Guide version 3.0.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PATHS
This course is ideal for people preparing for an IIBA® Professional Certification such as CCBA® or CBAP®
BAE CAREER STAGE: This is a STAGE 2 Course. Learn more.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of this course the student will have comprehensive knowledge of all Business Analysis concepts described within each Chapter of the BABOK® Guide v3.0 including all the Knowledge Areas, Techniques and Perspectives.
The student will cover the core content described in the BABOK® v3.0 Guide with the clear guidance of practical examples throughout to training to bring each concept to life.
COURSE FORMAT & DELIVERY
Your course is delivered to you online via a Learning Management Portal which allows downloads of materials, messaging to your tutor and a dashboard with details of your progress for each course.
This course itself consists of a total of 70 short video lessons divided into 12 modules.
Each module contains animated videos explaining each BABOK® Guide v3.0 chapter with each concept described with real-life project examples, student notes to download, practically focused case studies and knowledge quizzes to test your understanding at the end of each module.
TOPIC: Introduction to Business Analysis
- What is Business Analysis?
- Who is the Business Analyst?
- Business Analysis Terms
- The Requirements Classification Schema
- Requirements vs. Design
- Who are the stakeholders?
TOPIC: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- How to plan the Business Analysis Approach?
- How to plan Stakeholder Engagement?
- How to plan Business Analysis Governance?
- How to manage Business Analysis Information?
- Business Analysis Performance Improvements
TOPIC: Elicitation and Collaboration
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate Business Analysis Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
TOPIC: Requirements Life Cycle Management
- What is Trace Requirements?
- How to Maintain Requirements?
- What is Prioritize Requirements?
- Assess Requirements Changes
- How to get Requirements Approved?
TOPIC: Strategy Analysis
- How to analyze the Current State?
- Defining the Future State
- How to assess risks?
- Defining the Change Strategy
TOPIC: Requirements Analysis & Design Definition
- Specifying Requirements
- How to verify your requirements?
- What is validating requirements?
- Defining the requirements architecture
- How to define solution options
- Analyze the potential value and recommend a solution
TOPIC: Different Business Analysis Perspectives
- What is the Agile Perspective?
- What is the Business Intelligence Perspective?
- What is the Information Technology Perspective?
- What is the Business Architecture Perspective
- What is the Business Process Management Perspective?
TOPIC: Solution Evaluation
- How to manage solution performance?
- How to analyze performance measures?
- Assess the solution limitations
- Assess the enterprise limitations
- How to recommend actions to increase solution value?
TOPIC: Underlying Competencies of the Business Analyst
- What are Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving?
- What behavioural characteristics should a BA have?
- What is business knowledge in the BA context?
- What communication and interaction skills should a BA have?
- What are the tools and technology used in Business Analysis?
TOPIC: Important Business Analysis Techniques
- What is Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria?
- What is Backlog Management?
- What is Balanced Scorecard?
- What is Benchmarking and Marketing Analysis?
- What is Brainstorming?
- What is Business Capability Analysis?
- What is a Business Case?
- What is a Business Model Canvas?
- What is Business Rules Analysis?
- What is Collaborative Games?
- What is a Concept Model?
- What is a Data Dictionary?
- What are data flow diagrams?
- What is data mining?
- What is data modelling?
- What is Decision Analysis?
- What is Document Analysis?
- What is Estimation?
- What is Financial Analysis?
- What are Focus Groups?
- What is Functional Decomposition?
- What is a Glossary?
- What is Interface Analysis?
- What are Interviews?
- What is Item Tracking?
- What is Lessons Learned?
- What are Metrics and Key Performance Indicators?
- What is Mind Mapping?
- What is Non-Functional Requirements Analysis?
- What is Observation?
- What is Organizational Modelling?
- What is Prioritization?
- What is Process Analysis?
- What is Process Modelling?
- What is Prototyping?
- What is Reviews?
- What are Risk Analysis and Management?
- What is a Roles and Permissions Matrix?
- What is a Root Cause Analysis?
- What is Scope Modelling?
- What is a Sequence Diagram?
- What are Stakeholder Lists, Map and Personas?
- What is State Modelling?
- What is a Survey or a Questionnaire?
- What is a SWOT Analysis?
- What are Use Cases and Scenarios?
- What are User Stories?
- What is a Vendor Assessment?
- What are Workshops?
HOW IT WORKS
Once you enrolled in the BAE Stage 2 BABOK v3 Core Practitioner Course you will be able to start training straight away.
You will receive the details of your individually assigned certified tutor who will be available to answer any questions during your training. The course works as follows:
- The course lessons are designed to take between 1-2 hours to complete and the course has a total of 12 lessons.
- Each lesson has two multiple choice quizzes for you to complete. These are designed to enhance your learning and knowledge gained after each lesson.
- Your course also contains lots of videos, student notes and case studies to read and learn from. Student notes and case studies are downloadable as PDF files.
- This course covers all the BABOK Guide chapters and is a great way to align your skills and experience in a practical way to the international industry standard.
Self paced & On demandOur online courses are all in the format of short online lessons which you can start and stop at any time. You set the pace for your own training and we follow it. You have 12 months from enrolment during which time you can finish your training.
Tutor Support & Assignment feedbackYou have full online access to your assigned tutor for questions as you progress through each lesson. Your assigned tutor will also review your practical assignments and provide personalised feedback.
Learning Management PortalAll of your course content and interaction with your tutor will be via our BAE Learning Management Portal. It is a user friendly and easy to use online platform that you can access from any where in the world and from any device.
WATCH THE COURSE PREVIEW
The course applies and covers the key Business Analysis Knowledge Areas, Techniques and Perspectives according to the BABOK® v3.0 Guide.
It uses practical examples throughout, with case studies to apply and test knowledge with every Knowledge Area chapter. It includes: 70 short animated videos, more than 270 multiple choice questions to test your knowledge and understanding with and you receive downloadable student notes. This online course ensure you learn concepts in an interactive manner.
IIBA ENDORSED TRAINING
This course is IIBA® Endorsed and you will earn 22 PD hours / CDUs upon successful completion.