ELICITATION TECHNIQUES APPLIED
During this micro course in Requirements Engineering you will learn about the key Requirements Elicitation Techniques with the ability to apply what you have learned in a practical environment as a Requirements Engineer or Business Analyst.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
Any Business Professional that requires a practical understanding of Requirements Elicitation Techniques. The concepts in this course are applicable to any business environment and are essential foundation skills for all Business Analysts, Requirements Engineers, Software Developers, Project Managers, Testers or any Business Professional who has to understand business requirements in an organisation.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PREPARATION
Use this course as part of your preparation for the IREB® CPRE® Foundation Level Certification exam preparation.
This course includes content aligned to the following industry references:
- Official IREB® CPRE® Foundation Level Syllabus Chapter 3 Section 3.3 - Requirements Elicitation Techniques
BABOK v3.0 Relevance:
- Chapter 4 Elicitation and Collaboration – Section 4.1 Prepare for Elicitation; Section 4.2 Conduct Elicitation
- Chapter 10 Techniques
- Section 10.5 - Brainstorming
- Section 10.18 - Document Analysis
- Section 10.21 - Focus Groups
- Section 10.25 - Interviews
- Section 10.31 - Observation
- Section 10.36 - Prototyping
- Section 10.50 - Workshops
- Section 10.45 - Surveys / Questionnaires
The course consists of multiple video lessons with notes, a case study with a practical application quiz to ensure you understood the content, course notes to download and a knowledge test. You have full access to an online tutor via the Learning Management System should you ever need any assistance.
- Influencing Factors when choosing a Requirement Elicitation Technique
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Requirements Elicitation Techniques
- Mastering and using the following elicitation techniques for each:
- Survey Techniques
- Creativity Techniques
- Documented-centered techniques
- Observation techniques
- Supporting techniques
HOW IT WORKS
Once you enrolled in this Micro Course you will be able to start training straight away.
Your tutor will be available to answer any questions during your training. The course works as follows:
- The course lessons are designed to take between 1 hour to complete.
- Each lesson has multiple choice quizzes for you to complete. These are designed to enhance your learning and knowledge gained after each lesson.
- Your course also contains lots of videos, student notes and case studies to read and learn from. Student notes and case studies are downloadable as PDF files.
- This course is aligned to a subset of the International Requirements Engineering Board's (IREB) Syllabus for CPRE Foundation Level certification throughout and is a great way to align your skills and experience in a practical way to the international industry standard.
Self paced & On demandOur online courses are all in the format of short online lessons which you can start and stop at any time. You set the pace for your own training and we follow it. You have 12 months from enrolment during which time you can finish your training.
Tutor Support & FeedbackYou have full online access to your assigned tutor for questions as you progress through each lesson. Your assigned tutor will answer any questions you might have and provide personalised responses.
Learning Management PortalAll of your course content and interaction with your tutor will be via our BAE Learning Management Portal. It is a user friendly and easy to use online platform that you can access from any where in the world and from any device.
SAMPLE VIDEO LESSON
This video is similar to what you will see when you enrol in this course.
DURATION OF COURSE
The course is designed to take no longer than 60 minutes to complete.